Discussion: It is true.Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 10 posts
EywaWorshipper
EywaWorshipper
It is true.
Dec 21 2009, 7:01 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2009, 7:01 PM EST
Stepping out of the cinema I was overwhelmed with sadness. Best described: After I left, I realized I'm a human. And that planet isn't there." Saddest thing I've ever felt. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: avatar reviews

DAMP
1. RE: It is true.
Dec 22 2009, 10:32 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2009, 10:32 AM EST
haha i hate to say i had the same feeling but i did Do you find this valuable?    
swordwhale
swordwhale
2. RE: It is true.
Dec 28 2009, 8:23 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2009, 8:23 PM EST
Ah, but it is there. Cameron is a deft enough storyteller to draw on the deepest parts of our psyche, of the collective unconcious. The World Tree, the Garden, the connections between living things are all part of our own world, our myths, legends, and even our science. (Trees communicate chemically, or maybe it's electrically, or both, I read about it somewhere long ago). That's why we react so thoroughly to such a great piece of art; it's true (if not fact).

So go out there and breathe in the air, run through the woods, jump on the back of a horse, leap into the sea (preferably with a lifejacket), dig your toes into the dirt and while you're at it, help keep Earth from becoming the dead world the characters in Avatar speak of ("they killed their Mother").
Do you find this valuable?    
Alexandr86
Alexandr86
3. RE: Это правда.
Dec 28 2009, 9:03 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2009, 9:03 PM EST
Привет всем фанатам фильма Аватар из России!!! Поверте у всех кто смотрел этот фильм одинаковые чувства!!! Хочется вернуться обратно на Пандору, после окончания сеанса не хочется верить что ты снова в мире людей!!!! После просмотра твои мысли только офильме!!!! многие мои друзья ходили на фильм 2,3 раза я пойду уже 4 раз!!!!! Do you find this valuable?    
Apasas
Apasas
4. RE: Это правда.
Dec 29 2009, 4:05 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2009, 4:05 AM EST
Only a couple of thousand years ago, europe was covered by forest.

Also, if you believe in evolution (which I do), we would have been literally living in th trees only a couple of million years ago. Thare must still be some of that in our current psyche.
AlphaNavi
AlphaNavi
5. RE: It is true.
Dec 29 2009, 8:52 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2009, 8:52 AM EST
"Stepping out of the cinema I was overwhelmed with sadness. Best described: After I left, I realized I'm a human. And that planet isn't there." Saddest thing I've ever felt."
Don't feel bad, I too and others felt we were assimilated to the Nav'i way of life and surroundings. It will be cool if I was a Nav't hybrid with a Brown tone color instead of blue. :)

Pwndra
6. RE: It is true.
Dec 29 2009, 4:14 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2009, 4:14 PM EST
same here aswell :(. everything now seems boring. Do you find this valuable?    

Pwndra
7. RE: Это правда.
Dec 30 2009, 2:27 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2009, 2:27 AM EST
"Привет всем фанатам фильма Аватар из России!!! Поверте у всех кто смотрел этот фильм одинаковые чувства!!! Хочется вернуться обратно на Пандору, после окончания сеанса не хочется верить что ты снова в мире людей!!!! После просмотра твои мысли только офильме!!!! многие мои друзья ходили на фильм 2,3 раза я пойду уже 4 раз!!!!!"
Translation:
Hello to all Avatar fans film from Russia! Revolve everyone who watched this movie the same feelings! I want to go back to Pandora, after the end of the session do not want to believe that you again people in the world!! After watching your thoughts only ofilme!! Many of my friends went to the film 2,3 times I'm already 4 times !!!!!
honorguard117
honorguard117
8. RE: Это правда.
Dec 30 2009, 10:46 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2009, 10:46 AM EST
I had the same exact feeling once I left the cinema... My heart felt heavy, as cheesy as that may sound, but that's the best description I can offer. I wanted Pandora to be real, I wished those characters were real. I can't stand that there will be a sequel to this film, I just can't see it happening... Avatar ended how it should have ended, it was beautiful. Peace! Do you find this valuable?    

ilikeavatar
9. RE: It is true.
Jan 1 2010, 3:03 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2010, 3:03 PM EST
"haha i hate to say i had the same feeling but i did"
lol hahahah me too

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)