Discussion: A once in a lifetime experienceReported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 40 of 71  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

HelloBeautifulx1024
20. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 8 2010, 12:57 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 8 2010, 12:57 PM EST
Oh and I think they should make it in to a book and just keep writing and writing! Do you find this valuable?    

Sorsa
21. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 8 2010, 10:49 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 8 2010, 10:49 PM EST
"I think Avatar will be in theatres for quite some time, I have no doubt it will be re-released. I can't wait to see it in IMAX 3D and to own it on Blu-ray hopefully also in 3D."
Oh i bet it will. Even here it is still playing in hall 1 almost everyday and still having full audiences. That's is great achievement, because here isn't so much people like in other European or American cities. I bet this is going to break a new record here. :D
Do you find this valuable?    
MMAkrazy
MMAkrazy
22. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 10 2010, 4:32 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2010, 4:32 AM EST
Yea i cant wait for the DvD to come out, i will buy i Blu-Ray just for this movie...i loved this movie i have seen it 4 times and i want to see it again, and again, so i am going a 5th time wit someone who hasnt seen it yet, so cant wait to see his reaction lol, hope its like mine....all my other friends either hated it or just say it was a good movie...its like a drug to me lol cant quit thinking about it, i am prob going to c it until it is out of theatres...Im hoping they put out the DvD soon! Do you find this valuable?    
Zahelu
Zahelu
23. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 10 2010, 5:17 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2010, 5:17 AM EST
DVDs usually come after 1 year, no? >.< Do you find this valuable?    

Sorsa
24. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 10 2010, 6:09 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2010, 6:09 AM EST
"DVDs usually come after 1 year, no? >.<"
One year? Have you been living under a rock? :D
Usually it depends on how successful movie is and in Avatar's case, i think Avatar will let us wait a bit before DVD is out.
Maybe a month or two, when it is out of cinemas. Really can't say.
MMAkrazy
MMAkrazy
25. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 10 2010, 7:05 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2010, 7:05 AM EST
"One year? Have you been living under a rock? :D
Usually it depends on how successful movie is and in Avatar's case, i think Avatar will let us wait a bit before DVD is out.
Maybe a month or two, when it is out of cinemas. Really can't say."
lol, i heard it was ganna come out in April..but that was just a rumor...and i just google'd "When does Avatar come out on dvd", but im hoping it comes out in april.....or now :D lol,
Zahelu
Zahelu
26. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 10 2010, 8:10 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2010, 8:10 AM EST
Previously I don't buy dvds often cos can't deliver the same experience as a movie theatre, but in Avatar's case, well, it's a different story altogether.

I'm hoping it won't be go exclusive on Blu-Ray either. Blu-ray players are pricey and I ain't got one. :/
n0ckturn4l
n0ckturn4l
27. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 10 2010, 8:25 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2010, 8:25 AM EST
"Previously I don't buy dvds often cos can't deliver the same experience as a movie theatre, but in Avatar's case, well, it's a different story altogether.

I'm hoping it won't be go exclusive on Blu-Ray either. Blu-ray players are pricey and I ain't got one. :/"
I dont think they will make it exculsive to bluray...dvds are still very popular and sell a lot more than bluray's...but if you did want a bluray player, now a days they are pretty cheap, can find a good one for under 200$..
Palulukan
Palulukan
28. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 10 2010, 8:27 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2010, 8:27 AM EST
well it's similar with computers. If you wanna play a new game you should upgrade your hardware from time to time. And now we came to the same point in home video. Do you find this valuable?    
n0ckturn4l
n0ckturn4l
29. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 10 2010, 8:31 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2010, 8:31 AM EST
"well it's similar with computers. If you wanna play a new game you should upgrade your hardware from time to time. And now we came to the same point in home video."
True, but the transition isn't as easy I would say...the same happened with vhs, it was still very much alive when dvd came out and usually would sell more than dvd...dvd players back in the day where do damn expensive...I remember the first one I ever had, I thought it was the best thing ever lol...If it wasnt for my PS3, I dont think I would buy a bluray player right away...but if you looking for a player, id say go for the PS3, you get so much more than just a player :D
honorguard117
honorguard117
30. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 10 2010, 2:25 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2010, 2:25 PM EST
"True, but the transition isn't as easy I would say...the same happened with vhs, it was still very much alive when dvd came out and usually would sell more than dvd...dvd players back in the day where do damn expensive...I remember the first one I ever had, I thought it was the best thing ever lol...If it wasnt for my PS3, I dont think I would buy a bluray player right away...but if you looking for a player, id say go for the PS3, you get so much more than just a player :D "
Yeah, I'm thinking of buying a PS3 because it contains Blu-Ray and many more features... But the problem for me is the gaming. Ever since I watched Avatar, I haven't played on Xbox Live for quite some time until today... and then I unplugged the cord again and tucked it away. Ha, that's how much the film has had a impact on me, it's helped remind me of the important things in life. I'm also wondering about the experience of watching it on DVD/Blu-Ray... Will I still be moved every time I watch it and if so, how long til' I get used to it? :S
Churchill51
Churchill51
31. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 10 2010, 3:11 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2010, 3:11 PM EST
"Yeah, I'm thinking of buying a PS3 because it contains Blu-Ray and many more features... But the problem for me is the gaming. Ever since I watched Avatar, I haven't played on Xbox Live for quite some time until today... and then I unplugged the cord again and tucked it away. Ha, that's how much the film has had a impact on me, it's helped remind me of the important things in life. I'm also wondering about the experience of watching it on DVD/Blu-Ray... Will I still be moved every time I watch it and if so, how long til' I get used to it? :S "
I still get shivers just from watching the trailers man.
turokmakto
turokmakto
32. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 11 2010, 11:27 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2010, 11:27 AM EST
"I love it. Hope this movie just keeps on rolling, I'm sure it will. I've seen it twice so far. Saw it for the second time on Thursday at 3:10 p.m. and it was packed!! I had to stand in (the front) line for 40 minutes. Thats crazy, where some people were getting their drink on, here we were a few hundred people getting our Na'vi on! If I wake up as Jake Sully, I'm in heaven."
Its pack like that because they are not posting here!!!
turokmakto
turokmakto
33. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 11 2010, 11:31 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2010, 11:31 AM EST
"lol, i have the strange urge to get alot of blue makeup and a wig and run around with a bow an arrow, know what i mean? haha"
Lolz...... Avatar2 we are planning to paint our faces blue and air paint the stripes and go watch the movie. Wig, fangs, tail, or almost nude we haven't got that down yet.
TheGovernator
TheGovernator
34. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 11 2010, 6:50 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2010, 6:50 PM EST
I feel completely the same way as you do Neytiri. I went to see this with my family and they said that the movie had to much politics and hidden racist messages to be good. I, on the other hand, thought that it was one of the best, if not the best movies I have ever seen. I have seen it twice, but I still want to watch it again!. Do you find this valuable?    
Zahelu
Zahelu
35. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 11 2010, 9:42 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2010, 9:42 PM EST
"Lolz...... Avatar2 we are planning to paint our faces blue and air paint the stripes and go watch the movie. Wig, fangs, tail, or almost nude we haven't got that down yet."
Erm, 2.5 hours with full clothes on is already an unprecedented bladder busting control.. going nude.. haha. Good luck with that~
honorguard117
honorguard117
36. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 12 2010, 4:46 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2010, 4:46 AM EST
"I feel completely the same way as you do Neytiri. I went to see this with my family and they said that the movie had to much politics and hidden racist messages to be good. I, on the other hand, thought that it was one of the best, if not the best movies I have ever seen. I have seen it twice, but I still want to watch it again!."
I understand how they saw the political side of the movie, what I don't understand is how they saw the 'hidden racist messages' ... Besides, even if it did contain racist and political tones, does it instantly mean it's a bad film? I didn't even pay attention to the political 'hidden messages', aye. Just watch it, and feel the depth in this film. Hoorah!
Churchill51
Churchill51
37. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 12 2010, 12:10 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2010, 12:10 PM EST
"I understand how they saw the political side of the movie, what I don't understand is how they saw the 'hidden racist messages' ... Besides, even if it did contain racist and political tones, does it instantly mean it's a bad film? I didn't even pay attention to the political 'hidden messages', aye. Just watch it, and feel the depth in this film. Hoorah!"
I'm equally annoyed at the people crying about some kind of racism that they are seeing in this movie. Some idiot was quoted as saying "It rests on the assumption that non-whites need the White Messiah to lead their crusades." Um, I don't know if he noticed, but ALL of the Na'vi are blue, Avatars included. Like Honorguard is saying, watch the movie, take it in and quit reading into it looking for something to complain about.
honorguard117
honorguard117
38. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 13 2010, 6:10 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2010, 6:10 AM EST
"I'm equally annoyed at the people crying about some kind of racism that they are seeing in this movie. Some idiot was quoted as saying "It rests on the assumption that non-whites need the White Messiah to lead their crusades." Um, I don't know if he noticed, but ALL of the Na'vi are blue, Avatars included. Like Honorguard is saying, watch the movie, take it in and quit reading into it looking for something to complain about."
Yeah, correct. People are looking too hard into it, searching for something to complain about. It's not surprising though, a big blockbuster hit like Avatar will draw some haters.
MMAkrazy
MMAkrazy
39. RE: A once in a lifetime experience
Jan 13 2010, 6:19 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2010, 6:19 AM EST
"I'm equally annoyed at the people crying about some kind of racism that they are seeing in this movie. Some idiot was quoted as saying "It rests on the assumption that non-whites need the White Messiah to lead their crusades." Um, I don't know if he noticed, but ALL of the Na'vi are blue, Avatars included. Like Honorguard is saying, watch the movie, take it in and quit reading into it looking for something to complain about."
Exactly,i dont know how people are saying theres racism, people just cant accept its a awesome movie,
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)